: 2014 Calendar Photo Contest :
Calling All Photographers
Glen Helen is seeking creative images for our 2014 Wall Calendar!
The diversity of habitats and wildlife in Glen Helen’s nature preserve provides outstanding photo opportunities for photographers at all levels of experience. We invite both first time visitors and long time friends to send us photographs taken in the Glen for a chance to be featured in our 2014 Wall Calendar.
We are seeking a variety of images that convey the different moods and seasons of Glen Helen—an iced-over spring, a flower or animal only found at a certain time of year, a lush green meadow on a summer day, a foggy morning sunrise in late fall—images that capture what is special about Glen Helen throughout the year.
Proceeds from the calendar sales are a significant annual fundraiser for Glen Helen, contributing to the continued protection and restoration of the Glen Helen Ecology Institute’s 1000-acre nature preserve and the programs of Glen Helen’s Raptor Center, Outdoor Education Center and Trailside Museum.
Entries, including entry forms, must be submitted online by 5 p.m. on July 31, 2013.
Photos must be taken of or within the Glen Helen Nature Preserve and depict its natural beauty. The winning images will be judged on aesthetic merit as well as how well they combine with other images to create an attractive calendar.
- This contest is open to all. There is no entry fee.
- All submissions must come through our online entry form below, which includes a consent form. Among other things, the Consent form states that the entrant gives the Glen Helen Ecology Institute and Antioch College nonexclusive rights to use the design in perpetuity for no fee.
- Each entrant may submit up to four of their own original images.
- Photographers whose work is chosen for the calendar are credited and receive a free 2014 calendar.
- All images submitted must be the submitter’s original work.
- Electronic images should be saved as .tiff or .jpeg files and uploaded in the highest resolution available.
- Tips: Horizontal color shots fit the format of the calendar the best. Images using natural light instead of flash photography are favored. The calendar requires a variety of image styles and subject matter—close-ups of flora or fauna, seasonal or weather related images and lesser-known sights in the Glen are encouraged.
- All entries must be submitted online by 5 p.m. on July 31, 2013.
phone: 937-769-1902 ext. 101