: License Plate Art Contest :
Call for Entries
Glen Helen is currently accepting submissions of artwork for its specialty license plate.
This is an opportunity to get exposure and visibility for your artwork and take an active part in supporting the work of the Glen Helen Ecology Institute in preserving and sharing the gem that is Glen Helen!
Drivers all over the state of Ohio will have an opportunity to purchase the special tags featuring the winning entry with a portion of the proceeds directly benefiting the Glen.
Five finalists will be selected and featured on the Glen Helen website for public voting.
Deadline Extended to May 31st:
Entries, including entry forms, must be submitted online, postmarked or hand delivered to the Glen Helen Ecology Institute office by 5 p.m. on May 31, 2012.
The design must depict or reference the natural beauty of Glen Helen Nature Preserve and the winning design will be judged on artistic merit as well as how well it will translate into an effective and attractive design on a license plate.
Thanks to Senator Widener for his support of this initiative!
- This contest is open to all.
- All submissions must include an entry form, which includes a signed Consent form. Among other things, the Consent form states that the entrant gives the Glen Helen Ecology Institute and Antioch College nonexclusive rights to use the design in perpetuity for no fee.
- Each entrant may submit multiple original designs. Each individual submittal must have an entry form .
- All designs submitted must be the submitter’s original work.
- Any artistic media including photography, painting, digital art, graphic design, are permissible – the key is that the artwork must translate into an Ohio license plate. Electronic images should be saved as .tiff or .jpeg files. If submitting digital artwork or photography, you must include a CD with the image (at a minimum of 300 dpi) in addition to a print. Digital files can be attached to the online entry form. For all other media, you must submit the original artwork. The Commission will make digital images of all finalists.
- The actual license plate image will be 2.5” wide by 3.25” high. Please submit designs to that scale, or you may choose to enlarge images to 5” x 6.5” OR 7.5” x 9.75”.
- Tips: Keep in mind the license plate elements need to be visible from a distance and will usually be viewed in motion, so a simple graphic is often easier to read. In addition to artistic merit, the judges will be looking for how well the design will translate to an attractive, viable license plate.
- All entries must be postmarked or hand-delivered by 5 p.m. on May 31, 2012. Glen Helen Ecology Institute and Antioch College are not responsible for entries that are late, damaged, or lost in the mail.
- If you would like to have your artwork returned to you after the contest is over, please include a self-addressed envelope of the correct size, with adequate postage affixed. Entries that do not include a self-addressed stamped envelope at the time of submittal will not be returned.
Entries may be submitted online, or mailed (with a self-addressed stamped envelope if desired) or hand-delivered by the postmark deadline of 5 p.m. on May 31, 2012.
GLEN HELEN LICENSE PLATE DESIGN CONTEST
Glen Helen Ecology Institute
405 Corry Street
Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387
phone: 937-769-1902 ext. 101