: Ecocamp Positions 2013 :
We have job openings for summer 2013 and are looking for individuals who are excited about working in a beautiful outdoor setting with kids 5-15 years old. Summer Camp staff consists of six Naturalists, six Dorm Counselors, two Camp Coordinators, and kitchen staff.
- Ecocamp provides the opportunity to work with like-minded peers and experts in the field of environmental education.
- You will gain valuable professional and leadership skills.
- Working with children in the outdoors is rewarding and inspiring.
- The small size of Ecocamp (approximately 50-75 campers per week) provides an environment to get to know the campers on an individual basis.
- You will have the opportunity to live in Glen Helen Nature Preserve, within the artistic and lively Village of Yellow Springs.
- You will have weekends off to enjoy the many recreational and social activities in the area.
How to Apply for Glen Helen Ecocamp
1) Mail or fax a completed application form (please note that each position has its own application form) to:
Glen Helen Outdoor Education Center
1075 St. Rt. 343
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
2) Naturalist candidates must have three references complete the Ecocamp Naturalist reference form.
Applicants are urged to apply as soon as possible. Positions are open until filled.
General Qualifications for Working at Ecocamp
- Applicants must be 18 years of age as of June 10, 2013.
- Applicants must agree to a criminal background check.
- Applicants must have basic First Aid and CPR certification by June 3, 2013.