: Ecocamp Naturalist :
Brief Description of Duties:
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan and conduct weeklong natural history and environmental education programs for children attending Glen Helen Ecocamp. Naturalists also assist with meals, lead free time activities, and participate in evening programs. Driving of camp vehicles with children is required.
Summary of Qualifications:
1) Strong leader, dynamic and effective teacher, positive role model.
2) Experience working with children. Experience teaching children preferred.
3) Academic background in natural science or education preferred.
4) Ability to hike over rugged terrain up to 5 miles per day.
5) Enthusiastic about living and working in the Eastern Deciduous Forest.
6) Before camp begins, standard first aid and CPR certification.
7) Flexibility, enthusiasm, creativity, sense of humor.
$194 per week; room and board provided (weekends included)
Dates of Employment:
May 29, 2012-July 26, 2013 (Current or past Outdoor School Naturalists or Past Ecocamp Naturalists: June 3-July 26, 2013)
1) Please submit a job application : Naturalist Job Application :
2) Naturalist candidates must have also have three references complete the online reference form. No relatives please.