: Ecocamp 2015 :
Imagine a summer camp where you can have fun AND learn about the natural world!
Ecocamps are an exciting alternative to recreational camps and offer a quality outdoor experience. Camps last five days, and are led by trained naturalists. Campers spend much of their time participating in theme-related activities with their group.
- Small camp sizes -- no more than 12 campers per camp
- Day and overnight camps for ages 5-15 years
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, experienced naturalist counselors
- Quality outdoor learning experiences with hands on programs that are fun and educational
- Daily evening programs; Night hikes for all overnight camps
- On-site education and rehabilitation center for injured hawks and owls
College age or older, our Naturalists are selected for their knowledge in the camp's educational focus and their sensitivity, creativity and enthusiasm for working with children. Many Naturalists have previously participated as Naturalists in Ecocamp or our Outdoor School program.
Camps run from June 15 through July 31, 2015 (7 weeks)
Overnight camps: Monday, 9 am - Friday, 2 pm
Transitional camps: Monday - Wednesday, 9am - 5:30 pm AND Thursday, 9 am - Friday, 2 pm
Day camps*: Monday - Thursday, 9 am - 3:30 pm AND Friday, 9 am - 2 pm
*Optional extended day camp hours: Monday - Thursday, 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm (additional fee)
All parents are welcome and encouraged to join us on Friday at 2 pm for our weekly Parent Program, a short production by YOUR campers!