: Scholarships and Discounts :
Each year we seek funding for scholarships for campers in need to attend Ecocamp. Please read the following before calling the Outdoor Education Center to inquire about availability.
- With the generous support of the Yellow Springs Community Foundation (www.yscf.org), ecoscholarships are available to residents of Yellow Springs only. Ecoscholarships will award 50% of the cost of any daycamp or overnight camp to families with financial need. Financial need will be based on the family's gross annual income and the number of people in their household. Only one child per household per year may apply for the Ecoscholarship.
- A parent or guardian must submit a written request to Glen Helen Outdoor Education Center about why they would like to send their child to Ecocamp. Please include your annual combined income and the number of people in your household in the letter. Please also submit a copy of your most recent tax return. Additionally, the child must submit in writing why they want to attend Ecocamp (pictures are also accepted).
- Application packets will be accepting beginning April 1 and will be accepted until May 2. Final decisions will be made by May 9. You will be notified whether or not your child was awarded a scholarship shortly after this date.
- Each request will be considered by a committee of the Glen Helen Outdoor Education Center staff. Decisions will be made based upon financial need and interest in our mission of environmental education.
If you are interested in sponsoring an Ecocamper with financial need by contributing to the Glen Helen Outdoor Education Center, please call 937-767-7648.
We like to reward our supporters by offering Ecocamp at a discounted rate to immediate family members. Follow the links below to see if any of these discounts can be applied to your camper fees.
- Back-2-Camp Discount: If your child came to Outdoor School and this is their first attendance at Ecocamp, you are eligible for a 10% discount! Click here for more details.
- Bring-a-Friend Discount: If you invite any friends to camp who have never been to Glen Helen Ecocamp before, you are eligible for a 10% discount for each friend you refer! Click here for more details.
- Antioch College Employee Discount: As an employee of Antioch College, you are eligible to receive a $50 discount per child on your first Ecocamp registration, and an additional 10% discount for multiple camp registrations this season.
- Glen Helen Membership Discount: If you hold a Glen Helen Membership of Contributor's level or higher, immediate family members are each eligible for a 10% discount! Click here for more details.
If you are interested in learning more about purchasing a Glen Helen Membership, or call 937-769-1902.