: Internship Goals :
What are the benefits of the Glen Helen Naturalist Training program?
The Naturalist internship at Glen Helen is unique in that it is truly a training grounds for those wishing to pursue a career in the field of outdoor environmental education, and for those wishing to hone and perfect their skills. In addition to mentoring Naturalists as they lead weekly trail groups at the Outdoor Education Center, we strive to:
- Prepare Naturalists for positions as naturalists, interpreters, and educators.
- Expose Naturalists to a variety of career options in the environmental field.
- Expose Naturalists and students to green initiatives and offer opportunities to learn about and practice sustainable living options.
- Involve Naturalists in every aspect of residential life by living and working in a community setting.
- Engage Naturalists in service-learning opportunities.
- Create an intellectually stimulating work environment.