: School Forest Meadow Rentals :
Couples who wish to have an outdoor wedding may choose to reserve the picturesque Pine Forest at Glen Helen.
- The School Forest Meadow is near the Pine Forest which is part of a preserve we work to protect—it is not appropriate to alter the grounds, use chairs for every guest, etc. The idea is to leave no trace of your wedding behind, and to abide by the rules for protection and use of the preserve.
- Maximum number of 75 guests.
- Weddings must be held during daylight hours.
- Weddings scheduled on weekends can expect some intrusions by visitors in the Glen.
- No food or drink is permitted.
- Rice may not be thrown. Bubbles are okay; please ask permission first before using anything else.
- Radios, organs, and amplified instruments are not permitted. A modest amount of singing of soft music or acoustical instruments is permitted.
- Vehicles are not permitted in Glen Helen except to drop off elderly or disabled guests.
- Any gates used must be monitored while open (to prevent use by the general public) and must be locked while unattended.
- The Glen provides mowing and clears the path of fallen trees.
- You run the risk of rain at your event, but we can try to reschedule you if this happens.
- If you aren’t sure whether something you hope to do or use is permissible, please ask in advance!
Parking & Accessibility
Wedding parties may have access to the Horace Mann meadow for guest parking. You will need to pick up your key to the meadow gate one week prior to the event, and the key should be returned within 72 hours of the wedding. Disabled or elderly guests may be driven up the Pine Forest path to more easily access the site, but we ask that cars be removed after drop off.
The property use fee is $400.00. Storage fees of $50 a day may apply.
To Ask Further Questions or to Begin the Reservation Process
Ann Simonson: 937-769-1902.