: Volunteering in the Glen :
JOIN AN ORIENTATION
The next Volunteer Orientation is being held in conjunction with a Summer Saturday Work Day & Social on July 14, 2012. We'll join forces with Tecumseh Land Trust volunteers for a morning work project fighting invasive species in the South Glen along the Little Miami from 8am-12noon, carpooling from the Glen Helen Building on Corry Street. Then from 1pm-3pm we'll hold an orientation to summer projects at Glen Helen, with snacks and door prizes in the auditorium. Finally, at 3:15pm ranger Susan Smith will lead an "Intro to Glen Helen" hike, hitting all of our important landmarks and program sites in a whirlwind introduction to what makes this place so special.
VOLUNTEERS MAKE GLEN HELEN WHAT IT IS
We depend on volunteers to carry out the programs, events, and initiatives that help preserve the regional treasure that is Glen Helen. From fundraising to mailings to trail maintenance, volunteer at the Glen and not only will you participate in our important efforts, you'll have fun while you do it.
Whether you are a short term volunteer with a service requirement, or seek a longer term position in the Glen Helen community, we may have an opportunity for you. Download a : volunteer application : and contact Ann Simonson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-769-1902 ext.103.
- Volunteer trainings, workshops, field trips, and social opportunities
- Opportunities for friendship and fun
- Select discounts in our Nature Shop
- The satisfaction of knowing your time and talents are benefiting a truly wonderful place!
- Front Desk Greeters & Nature Shop Sales
- Light office work - Filing, Mailings, Database Maintenance, etc.
- Literature Distribution to local venues
- Glen Guide - Lead public hike programs
- Museum Docents - Greet and inform visitors, promote events, etc.
- Bird Blind Caretakers - Fill feeders, pick up trash.
- Land Management - Trail Maintenance, Tree Removal, Farm Volunteer, etc.
- Habitat Healers - Invasive Species Management
- Landscaping - Butterfly Garden, Birch House, etc.
- Handyman Work - Facility Management
- Adopt-A-Dorm or Adopt-A-House - Painting, Cleaning, Seasonal Work Days
Special Events and More
- Seasonal Fundraising for Street Fair, Make It Count for the Birds Fundraiser, Potluck & Garlic Mustard Pull, Earth Day 5K Run/Walk, Who Cooks for You Raptor Center benefit, etc.
- Board or Committee Member
- Lecturer/Workshop Facilitator
- Writing, Research, Mapping Initiatives
- Substitute Cook for Outdoor Education Center
A Note of Thanks to our Active Volunteers.
We could not maintain Glen Helen or administer its programs without the assistance of a legion of regular volunteers. THANK YOU!
Last year, volunteers at Glen Helen logged over 5000 hours, doing everything from greeting visitors at the Front Desk to leading hikes deep into the Glen. Tracking volunteer hours is important. It assists us in obtaining grants and other funding, helps us to evaluate our progress, and and allows us to brag! We want to make it easy for our volunteers, so you can download a form to track your volunteer hours.
: download form :